What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Online Services, including when you create an account, purchase a product, write a product review, apply for a job, join our Facebook group, participate in our message boards or forums, sign up to receive our electronic newsletters, participate in polls and surveys, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to (a) your name, contact information, username, password, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers; (c) information you provide when submitting an employment application form; and (d) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We, our service providers and third party online advertising companies may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Online Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Services, and the search terms you enter into the Online Services. This information may be collected over time and across third party websites and online services following your visit to the Online Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services, and to improve the Online Services we provide. We our service providers and third party advertising companies may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Online Services save on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or through similar technologies. This information may be used to deliver behavioral advertising to you on our or third party websites and applications.
How do we use this information?
We and our affiliates may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• providing you with products, services, or information you request;
• providing you with information about the Online Services or required notices;
• delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
• customizing your experience when using the Online Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Online Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
• allowing us to improve the Online Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
• generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services;
• helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users (provided that for such purposes we use information that does not identify you);
• such other uses within the context of the foregoing uses.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Online Services and on other websites.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Online Services:
• to our affiliates;
• to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers who “provide order and payment processing services; process employment applications on our behalf; deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you”;
• to business partners who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
• to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Online Services also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the Online Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Online Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
How is your information secured?
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Online Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
If your contact information changes, if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, such as emails, or to have us share your information with third parties for their own marketing communications, or if you wish to inquire about the information we have collected about you, please submit a request at the contact information listed below.
The Online Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.